Pregnancy Concerns with Tea
Note: Always consult with your doctor if you have any concerns drinking tea during pregnancy. Not only pregnant woman should take precautions, but others with health related problem should also consult the doctor to check about the complications of drinking tea. The information provided below might not be complete or sufficient for your full reference.
- Pregnant women would be wise to limit the amount of tea they drink during pregnancy, and should be careful about taking any tea supplements.
- Restrict your intake of Green Tea to no more than 5 cups daily during pregnancy. However to be safe, pregnant women should avoid green tea throughout their pregnancy. Not only Pregnant (also women who are breastfeeding) Heart problems Stomach ulcers Kidney disorders Physiological problems People who have problems drinking caffeine.
- Tea contains caffeine. There is concerns over caffeine where it would lead to low birth weight or miscarriage.
- Herbal teas are naturally caffeine free, so caffeine is not an issue when consuming this type of tea. The concern with consuming herbal teas during pregnancy is the lack of data available on most herbs and their effect on a developing fetus.
- In pregnancy, Rosemary is considered Possibly UnSafe when used orally in medicinal amounts. Rosemary might have uterine and menstrual flow stimulant effects; Avoid using.
* The information provided on this page is taken from other sources found on the Internet. You can always search for more information on the World Wide Page if you need more information.